So firstly, what does Data Extraction mean? It’s all about data! To put it simply, it is automatic extraction of data from web sites and database development. We have a lot of experience in this area.
Below are the key points of what we do about Data Extraction
- Extraction of useful information from other Web sites, such as product descriptions, prices, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.
- Collection of structured data from large portals, company directories, Facebook, LinkedIn.
- Experience working with largest websites and millions of entries.
- Data exporting in different formats (e.g. text, XML, CSV, Excel, SQL, e-mail etc.).
- Regular checking of data sources and updating of the existing database. Real-time analysis and change detection.
- Programming of UI related to the extracted data view.
- Data migration/transfer between different systems.
A tool or software developed for web scraping is known as Web Scraper. Those are softwares developed to collect data from a website usually with the help of programming language like Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, .NET etc. Web Scrapers are also known as Web Data Extractor, Data Harvester, Web Crawler, Bot, and so on, most of them are standalone desktop applications, web applications or cloud applications.